MEN WITHOUT HATS RETURN TO THE GLOBAL POP MUSIC SCENE WITH THEIR LATEST ALBUM, LOVE IN THE AGE OF WAR
Men Without Hats' latest studio album, Love In The Age of War, was released in May 2012 to the widespread acclaim of critics and the universal enthusiasm of fans.
1980s Retro: Rhythm of Youth Revisited
Although Love In The Age of War is Men Without Hats' first full-length release in 21 years, all eleven tracks on the album hearken back to the early 1980s. Those were the days when the band's unique electronic sound, illustrated best by 1983 hit song and universally iconic anthem, "The Safety Dance," first launched Men Without Hats onto the global pop music scene.
Famed Producer Dave "Rave" Ogilvie
Produced by Dave "Rave" Ogilvie, whose engineering credentials include Skinny Puppy and Marilyn Manson, Love In The Age of War is a highly danceable, upbeat experience with a deep, heartfelt message. And it's all the work of the man who has been the driving force behind Men Without Hats' success for the past three decades: lead singer and composer Ivan Doroschuk.
"We wanted to make a record like a follow-up to 1982's Rhythm of Youth," Ivan told Rolling Stone Magazine in June 2012, "so for this record, we went and pretended that we were working on a 24-track machine.... We went out and got the old synths that we used back then."
The result is both a New Wave time warp and a modern masterpiece that rivals anything played on Top 40 radio today.
Praise from Listeners and Reviewers
- "Love In The Age Of War is a remarkable comeback. It revives the sound and the spirit the band initially was known for, [including] very solid songwriting. The performance is superb, and Ivan's voice never sounded better." - Mark Kadzielawa, 69 Faces of Rock.
- "Love in the Age of War [is] a virtual throwback to Men Without Hats’ years of early success, with high energy synth tracks reminiscent of Rhythm of Youth and Folk of the 80s (Part III). Back are the raw, upbeat keyboard melodies and bass lines that anchored the MWH signature sound as Doroschuk superbly employs his signature baritone voice." - Chris Cordani, Revenge of the 80s Radio.
- "Nothing could have prepared me for the enjoyment which this album has provided. It is pure, unadulterated electronic fun.... The songs are simple in structure and delivery, but they also have a sense of flawlessness to them. They are, in fact, wonderfully put together pop songs and I haven't heard quality pop music in so long that I had almost forgotten what it sounded like." -Colin McCracken, Louder Than War.
- "Basically, if you take all the elements of what made synthpop good [in the '80s], and all the elements that made Men Without Hats originally good, add in a few modern elements here and there, you have this mini-masterpiece. As a listener and reviewer who is very experienced, sometimes I get surprised once in a while. This one came out of nowhere, and knocked me off my feet." - Cory T. Shaeffer, Customer Reviews, Amazon.com.
- "Listening to Love In The Age of War, it is remarkable...how contemporary this 'retro' music sounds .... [F]or all its electronic, futurist elements, this is pop music with a real, beating, warm human heart." - Phil, Sonic Abuse.
Men Without Hats followed up their record release with two tours: a swing through South America, the U.S. and Canada in late 2012, and a series of appearances in Europe in early 2013. In fall 2013, Men Without Hats joined the Regeneration Tour for dates on the U.S. West Coast and in Mexico City. The band also played the Mieliepop Festival in Johannesburg, South Africa in November 2013. In 2016, the band hit several Australian cities for the Totally 80s Tour. In 2017, Men Without Hats embarked on a tour of Quebec and Ontario, and crisscrossed the United States on the Retro Futura Tour. The band embarked on a tour of Canada in 2018, including two dates with Lost '80s Live.
What's next for Men Without Hats? Keep visiting safetydance.com to find out!
CANADIAN TOUR 2018
Men Without Hats thanks those who came to see us in the following cities:
|27 Jul 2018||Edmonton, AB - Taste of Edmonton Festival|
|10 Aug 2018||Kelowna, BC - Rock the Lake Festival|
|18 Aug 2018||Saskatoon, SK - Rock The River Festival|
|20 Aug 2018||Toronto, ON - Canadian National Exhibition|
|26 Aug 2018||Vancouver, BC - Lost 80s Live|
|28 Sep 2018||Laval, QC - Lost 80s Live|